In order to offer FREE Shipping using the Announcement Bar, it is important to define the proper settings in both the Juvico application and in the Shopify admin. The below instructions include the required steps in both.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Setup the Announcement Bar
- Setup Free Shipping on Shopify
Setup the Announcement Bar
- Enter your Juvico App or Install Juvico if you haven't already.
- Create a new Announcement Bar campaign from the Juvico homepage or the campaigns page.
- Select "Free Shipping" for the Behaviour field.
- Condition field should be set to "Minimum purchase amount".
- Set the Minimum Purchase Amount that should qualify a customer for FREE Shipping in the respective field.
Theme and Style Customization
Select a theme that suits your site spirit and style, as well as holiday and shopping day based themes.
You can select and customize the following:
- Size - Choose Announcement Bar Size (reflected in mostly in bar height).
- Theme - Choose gradients, patterns, holiday, and shopping day themes.
- Position - use automatic positions as "top", "top (Sticky)" bars, etc. or choose "manual position" to place the announcement bar wherever you want in your template.
- Font - choose from a variety of popular fonts.
- Choose a different Text color to override the theme default.
- Choose a background color to override the theme completely.
Once "Free Shipping" Behaviour is enabled, you will be able to define different messages based on the state the customer is at:
- Initial Message - that will appear as long as the cart is empty.
- Ongoing Message - appears after the customer added something to the cart, but the cart total amount is below the minimum requirement to qualify for FREE Shipping.
- Achieved Goal Message - will appear once the total cart value exceeds the minimum required amount to qualify for the benefit.
Setup Free Shipping on Shopify
- On Shopify admin console, go to "Settings".
- Click on the "Shipping and delivery" option.
- If you already have a Shipping Zone defined, click on "Manage rates". otherwise, click "Create shipping zone" as seen in the below screenshot.
Screenshot of a Shopify shop without shipping zones defined.
- Click "Create shipping zone", define a shipping zone name, and select the countries and states you want to include in this shipping zone. Click "Done" when finished.
- Click "Add rate":
- Choose a Rate name (for example, "Free Shipping").
- Set Shipping Price to "0".
- Click "Add conditions".
- Set option "Based on order price", and set the Minimum price for the same Minimum price as you defined in the Juvico Announcement Bar Campaign.
- Click "Done". and you are done.
- Click "Save" and you are done.